So you are thinking about becoming an event planner? Fantastic!
Now you might be wondering how to start an event planning business. Here are eight (8) important elements which should be included in your overall business plan …
Your event business plan should consist of the following 8 elements:
- 2. Determine what type of events you will be planning.
- 3. Get professional guidance in setting up the structure and systems necessary for your business.
- 4. Know what venues are available in your market.
- 5. Build your network of event suppliers and service providers.
- 6. Decide on the types of event services you will be offering.
- 7. Determine your fee structure.
We will be developing each of these topics in subsequent blog posts.
What I would caution you on at this point is “Beware of the Nay Sayers”. If event planning is something that you are passionate about and you have tested the waters to see if you have a knack for it then I say go for it!
When I started NexGenMeetingRooms.com (which is now the Event Suppliers Network) many persons though that I was crazy. When I eventually got an opportunity to devote 100% of my time to building the business I often heard people telling me “So when are you going to get a job!” But through the love and support from my husband, family and friends I persevered and I am enjoying what I do!
We are not saying that everything will be perfect. With any business you have the rough times, the ok times and the great moments. There is also the very real possibility that you may not succeed in going into business for yourself. That is a calculated risk that all of us as entrepreneurs take when we make the leap. However through this experience you may end up being a fantastic and well compensated member of another successful event planning or event supplier company. (Choose to look at the positive side of life.)
Pursue you dreams my friends and keep me posted on your progress.
In the comments section below, I’d love to hear from you.
What is the one action item from the list above that you can take right now to move you closer to your dream of starting an event planning business? Tell me what that action is, then go do it.
Then come back here and write “done!” under your comment once you’ve finished.
Thanks and see you back here very soon!
Latest posts by Alicia Roachford Brathwaite (see all)
- How To Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day Like The Irish - 04/03/2018
- Awesome wedding and reception venues in Barbados - 31/03/2017
- 10 inexpensive wedding favor ideas that will “Wow” your guests - 29/03/2017