On June 30th, 2021 most of Ontario will be entering Step 2 of its reopening plan.
Waterloo Region will be the only region that will not move into Step 2 due to concerning COVID-19 case trends and the Delta variant. That region is looking at mid-July to enter Step 2.
So what will moving to Step 2 mean for those of us event planners? ESN provides the following quick reference list:
– Outdoor meeting and event spaces open at 25% capacity and other restrictions.
– Indoor meeting and event spaces are closed, with exceptions for reasons like viewing for the potential booking of a future event.
– Performing arts outdoors is permitted (including live music) with spectator capacity at 25% and other restrictions.
– Performing arts indoors will continue to be closed, except for rehearsing or performing a recorded or broadcasted even. No spectators are allowed.
– Restaurants and bars are permitted outdoor dining only with 6 people per table and other restrictions
– Hair and nail salons will be reopening with limited capacity
– Outdoor and limited indoor Photography studios and services are permitted with restrictions.
An extensive list of what is included in Step 2 of this reopening can be be found here.